Employment Opportunities with Geo’s Paint & Finish
We are now hiring! Please read job descriptions below and click the link at the bottom of the page to fill out an application.
Perform painting, finishing & maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures, using brushes, rollers and spray guns.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape & paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Fill cracks, holes or joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives or nail hole putty.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal and sheetrock, for finish coats.
- Apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel or lacquer to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners to determine work requirements.
- Erect scaffolding, ladders or planks to work above ground level.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, or electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Wash and treat surfaces with different cleaners and thinners and/or sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain or varnish with oil or thinning and drying additives to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- May also hang wallpaper.
- Dispose of hazardous wastes as outlined by Geo’s Paint and Finish.
- Understand how to operate spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness.
- Monitor painting operations to identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks, and correct their causes.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes and cloths for cleaning duties.
- Must be able to operate and/or gain certification for scissor lifts, booms, generators, and airless sprayers.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Ladders – drywall stilts
- Scissor lifts or boom, generator, scaffolding
- Paint rollers – application rollers, pressure rollers
- Paint Sprayers – airless paint guns, paint spray guns
- Pressure Washer
- Wallpaper paste machine
- Paint brushes
- Putty knives
- Utility knives
- Building and Construction – Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the painting of houses and buildings.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness – The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand on one position.
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms and /or legs.
- Gross Body Equilibrium – The ability to keep or regain your body balance to stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Manual Dexterity – The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm or your two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects.
- Static Strength – The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength – The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing.
- Gross Body Coordination – The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs and torso together when the body is in motion.
- Multilimb Coordination – The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing or lying down.
- Dynamic Strength – The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Far Vision – The ability to see details at a distance.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.